Submission Call for June/July 2012
Do you love to color or paint on all your projects? Do you get comments on your manicure only to look down and see that it’s really ink and paint from your crafty adventures? Is your passion for all things colorful so powerful that you have no idea how to make a project without a colored image? If you said yes to any of these, then you NEED to submit to our second submission call here at Designed To Color!
With over 1500 views on our first issue alone, you are sure to get your love of coloring out in the public eye!
In every issue, we provide a sketch for you to have fun and play around with! Remember, just b/c you see squares and other elements does not mean you have to copy them completely. Have fun and come up with your own design based on this sketch!
Have you seen all the amazing tapes out in the crafting world right now? From washi to decorative, they are all fantastic!! We want to see your colorific projects using washi/decorative tapes!
The wonderful and talented Lori Boyd will be featured in the June/July issue of Designed to Color. If you are familiar with by LORI designs then you know just how CUTE these digi’s are!! Head over to her blog and snag some up for a very adorable coloring adventure!
Happy Father’s Day
June is the month when the Dad’s get put on display for everyone to thank. Let’s see your lovely coloring skills put to use with creating some awesome manly dad cards!
A Time for Celebration!
June is a great time to bring out those congratulation creations! If you have a student who is graduating or just a simple grats on a job well done, we want to see what you can do!
Fun in the Sun
For the northern half of the hemisphere, June is the beginning of sunny and warm months ahead. We want to see your sun inspired projects! Bring on your beachy, your pool party, and your bikini stamps!
Let’s see your most manly colored projects! From a brotherly birthday card to handsome thank you creations, show us how you can man up in crafting.
Before submitting, please take a look at these guidelines
- Submit NEW projects that have never been displayed on the internet. That means, projects that have not been on your personal or company Facebook or in any forums/galleries or blogs. If you have uploaded a photo of the project to the internet previously, it is not eligible.
- If selected, you may share your project online 30 days AFTER the issue in which your project is featured. No exceptions.
- Please submit no more then TWO projects per call theme. For this call that means no more then 14 total. We are so thrilled on how excited you are! But with all the submissions we receive and only two of us going through them, it is very time consuming. It would be a great idea to wait a week before the call ends and gather your projects to pick our your best two per call theme.
- All accepted projects must be mailed to the Designed To Color office (Colorado USA) no later then May 18th.
- International submissions are welcome and encouraged! But please be mindful of shipping time.
- Keep a detailed supply list handy. I’m talking about colors used for your image, name and company of image used, and papers. This is very important if you get chosen to be featured.
Please send your submissions to: Submissions@DesignedToColor.com
The June/July Submission call will end April 30th 11:59PM MST.
Email subject lines must contain the theme of the call you submitting to i.e. Sketch, Man Up, Hues Who
We only need ONE photo per project. Please take photos in a well lit area for the best quality. You do not need a fancy, smancy camera, but taking your photos in natural light helps out tons!
Notification emails will be sent no later then May 4th. If accepted further instructions (including shipping address and other info) will be included in this email. So please add the above email to your contact list so it does not end up in the spam folder!!
Thank you for your interest in submitting to our magazine! You all are amazing and keep up the inspiring work!